Polk County Public Schools administers assessments to students in grades pre-kindergarten to 12th grade to measure their achievement on Florida’s education standards, which were developed and implemented to ensure that all students graduate from high school ready for success in college, career, and life. Assessment supports instruction and student learning, and test results help district leaders and stakeholders determine whether the goals of the curriculum and instruction are being met.
The following statewide assessments will be administered this year.
Benchmarks for Excellent Student Thinking (B.E.S.T) Assessments
- Grades VPK – 2 FAST STAR Assessments: Early Literacy, Reading, and Mathematics
- Grades 3 – 10 Reading
- Grades 3 – 8 Math
- Grades 4 – 10 Writing (Field Test in Spring 2023 – FLDOE-selected schools)
- Algebra 1 EOC (1st administration is in Winter 2022)
- Geometry EOC (1st administration is in Winter 2022)
Science, Social Studies, and FSA Retakes
- Grades 5 and 8 Statewide Science Assessment
- Civics EOC (middle school)
- U.S History EOC (high school)
- FCLE (Florida Civic Literacy Exam)
- FSA ELA Retake
- FSA Algebra Retake
- ACCESS for ELLs
- Statewide Alternate Assessments
- National Assessment of Education Progress
View our district’s website to view more testing information.